Sunday, January 25, 2009

Knitting socks



Well here is my first sock using the Magic Loop method. I am really proud of myself for being able to do this from a book. I am a very visual learner and reading instuctions out of a book just drives me crazy and makes no sense to me, but thank god there were pictures in the book, lol..
I used size 4 needles and a Worsted Weight Acrylic since I have a ton of this stuff in my craft room. My using the Acrylic it seems I was alot more relaxed in making this and I was able to really focus on the task at hand. When I use yarn that I have payed good money for I seem to loss my way and get all stressed out over the project, resulting in the frog pond or just throwing it down and it collects dust for a while.
Now I think this is so damn ugly, but Don took it out of my hand right away and put it on his foot and wore it all night, lol.. He thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.. Men crack me up.
Today I will try and start the second one,but my hand it hurting pretty bad from knitting all day yesterday so I don't know if I can. When I went to the Doctor 2 weeks ago they said I had Carpel Tunnel in my right hand and gave me a brace to wear at night that really helps,but as soon as I start to type or knit it really starts to hurt. I don't want to have surgery but with starting this new job tomorrow I will be typing for 8 hours or more a day none stop!.. we will see what happens.. Till next time, Later Gators..

No comments: