Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008

Can you believe it is 2008 already? Wow, it went by so fast but at the same time I am so happy that we are starting a new year. Last year was a really hard time for me and my family but I do have alot of faith that 2008 will bring great things. In all the holiday rush and working my butt off I have really taken in what I want for the new year for my life and the life of my family. First is to save enought money to purchase a new home . This is a dream that will not go away! I want and need to have my own home . Second, I need to focus on my health and fitness. Working a sitting job as a security officer leaves no room for movement, so I have decided to check into a gym.It is way over due and I don't want to have health problems from sitting on my butt :) . These 2 key points are my focus for the new year and I won't say they are new year resolutions because they are not, they are just most do's for a better life and future.

On the knitting front I finished the Poncho for a co-workers grand daughter a week after Christmas..lol.. She told the little one that Santa forgot the present and he was on a weeks vacation..lol.... I will never do another project for money again as long as I live. doing this little project I came to know that I am a knitter of enjoyment for my own gratifications, not a knitter for profit.. Knitting this thing on a time line just took all the fun out of it for me and stressed me out and worrying if she would like it.. screw that mess man, i will just knit for pleasure from now on. I am almost finished with my first Jaywalker sock in the Tempted yarn, I hope to have this finished by tomorrow so that i can start on the next one.
Surfing the internet when I get home has to be one of my favorite things to do these days, besides knitting , surfing brings me to Raverly which leads to ideas of new projects. So, I am stilling wanting to do fingerless gloves and now i want to do Clapotis. Why you ask?? I really don't know, just saw a ton of them on Raverly and love the way they look. I am thinking maybe working it in something cheap like Caron simply soft or knit picks, I still have not decided on that one yet but know that I want to give it a shot. I still want to make a couple of lace projects and scarfs and what ever else I see on the internet or magizine cover,but knowing I have the rest of my life to try them is a joy in its self. I hope everyone has a great Year :)

2 comments:

Bobbisox said...

We want to buy a house this year too. May it happen for both of us. Oh, and I got my invite from Ravelry.

Anonymous said...

Hope all your dreams for the new year come true. Trust me I am really pulling for you! Miss ya hope we get to get together soon. Oh and that Knitting for profit thing I totally agree, I hate it. Love dyeing for profit though. lol
Love ya
Stacy