Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ready For Fall

Can you tell I am ready for fall with the new wallpaper on the blog :) It has been over 106 and as hot as 112 here ! I'm not one for summer anyway so I am so glad when it cools off for fall and winter around here. I have finally started knitting again :) I have been working on my Make It Happen Shawlette which I am on the boarder and it will be done. I have also knitted a dish cloth which I will post pictures of later. I have been trying to work on my WIP'S that are sitting all around my knitting room. I have a pair of fingerless gloves to finish and  a pair of Bella mittens to finish along with a massive blanket I started 2 years ago. It seems to be a common theme with knitters to start something and set it aside for another New and Shiny project. 
I have joined Goodreads in the hopes to start reading more. I love to read but it seems that knitting, cleaning house and cooking take all my time and reading is maybe at a hour a day. I have to admit I have downloaded thousands of books for my Ipad and Nook and finding new books for free is a high. I love free and I think all books should be free to some point. I realize the authors have to make money, but there should be a discount for the none working folks of the world. Oh wait, that's what public library's are for . I can never seem to get the books back there once I take them out. 
I have found a new love for nail polish. Oh my gosh! its like painting in school all over again,lol. I'm sure if your my friend on FB you have been a couple post at my new colors. More of that to come here too. I really miss blogging and I think its time that I try and do it everyday or at least once a week. 
Today is my daughters first day back to school :) can you say we are both happy at this point.Being in the house together for 3 months is not good for anyone.. she is super excited to be in middle school this year and I'm a little scared. I guess I just have to let go and let her be at some point in all this. I am to much of a control freak... well, I'm off to knit and enjoy my quite day with me and the cats.. Talk to you soon .

No comments: