Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Life Goes On

Well I am keeping my fingers crossed that I start training for a customer Service job at home Nov 1. I did my drug test, back ground check and all that good stuff so i am hoping all is well and I can start. We are looking forward to Halloween since its  a great holiday and I'm a little nervous about bills until I get a pay check the middle of Nov or the end of Nov . I'm looking forward to working at home but the hours are late nights so I guess I need to change my sleeping habits alot, no more getting up at 4am and going to bed by 9pm.
On the knitting front I have decided to make a simple scarf for my self out of black and pink. All my scarfs are crazy colors that I have to match with a shirt so I need something I can wear all the time :) I really was going to go all black , but I found this great hot pink and went with it. I will have to let you know how that goes. I am still working on my Treads gloves and I managed to get one finger done and I need to move on to the next 4 so I can start on the next glove already. I had a bit of a problem figuring out what a fourchette was. Never heard of it and never done it before. I happen to luck out and post on twitter that I was having issues and a sweet lady sent me a link http://community.livejournal.com/knitting/7562799.html It seems to be about the only thing on the internet about this stitch. If you read this thread  it is basically a backwards loop. You can see a video of the backwards loop here  http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/cast-on, if you scroll down on this page you will see a video for a Single Cast On which is the Backwards loop, no sound to this video. So the Fourchette are the backwards loops in between your gloves fingers. If you did not have these then there would be no wiggle room to move your fingers.I hope this helps someone out there because I had a hell of a time finding all this information for my self.
Here is a update just from this morning. Over at Verypink.com she posted a video of how to do a backwards loop cast on http://verypink.com/2010/10/26/backwards-loop-cast-on/ 

This Friday is my birthday and boy I can't believer its here already. I'm getting to the age were I don't want to do these anymore they just are not fun. getting older now just sucks butt, lol. The last 2 years I have refused to do anything on my birthday and this year I'm thinking the same way, just sit home and let the day roll by me.
well I have a ton of house work to do, so I will talk to you soon.

No comments: